Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Starbucks today

Thank you Trisha, for updating the blog for me. Love you, Mom

Hello Family and Friends, I know it's been a long time since I blogged. I find I don't need to come here as often as I used to. Please Read the story of my visit to Starbucks today below.

Johnny,

I do enjoy to come here quickly and look at your pictures and read the comments of the many people who love you Johnny. They don't come here as often as the grief isn't as horrific as it used to be. But I find I need to come here to help me remember sometimes, things I don't ever want to forget.

As we prepare for The Annual Bowl For Breath, I was really torn about whether I wanted to continue hosting the Bowl for Breath in the Future. Trisha and I talked about it and both felt , we just were not into it this year and our hearts were not in it anymore. We discussed about going and participating in The Walk for the cure through the foundation(can't remember the name of it) another fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis. As we still want to raise money for the cure. I told others that this is such a Emotional Roller coaster for me every year. I was ready to quit, UNTIL today.

MY Starbucks visit today: We are working on a project at the Landmark MBC in Mojave and some of the Ladies, Sis Rose, Barbara and Sharon went with me to Bakersfield (the town I was born in, in case I have never told you, lol, sorry inside joke)today to The Guitar Center to pick up an item John had tracked down to install in the churches new sound booth. As we came back, we stopped at the Starbucks in Tehechapi(sp?). Went through the drive through, and then I told the Ladies I was going to go in and buy a few mugs for baskets I was making for the Bowl for Breath. As I asked for help, a young man helped me, and then I ask a few questions about the least expensive coffee on the shelf. I told the young man and the Manager Johnny's story and then told them I was making baskets for the BFB. As I said that, the Manager said, well we will give you the coffee as a donation(I was tired and had not even thought to ask). I said thank you so much, and then proceeded to ask about the coffee mugs on sale. As the Young man helped me with the selection and then proceeded to check me out, he asked me again what this was for. After I told him Johnny's story again, he added up my purchases and I proceeded to pay him. He said, wait a minute, let's see what I can do. He then took his own Starbucks card and /or discount and took $10.00 off my bill. I was so touched I choked up and then started looking in my purse for a Christian tract I usually carry to hand out. Could not find one, so I quickly said Thank you again and then said God bless you. He said bless you too! As I left Starbucks, I felt that tug again to keep PUSHING for the Cure! I started crying as I told the ladies the story of what just happened and how kind some people still are , even in California. Sis. Rose hugged me and then we went on. As we drove back to the church and then later as we had a lesson at church, Bro. Weldon talked about some of your faults in your Christian life and ask each of us what we felt one of our faults were. He said, do we get up in the morning, talk to God and ask for the opportunity to tell someone about him today? Are we just going through the motions of being a busy, busy Christian that we don't stop and share Jesus with those we come in contact with? I then shared what had happened and how I failed to share Jesus, other than saying God bless you because I was to busy driving to get back with the supplies we had bought. Well, guess who is making a trip back to the Starbucks in Tehechapi? I am going back to witness to that young man and give him a tract. If he is not there, I will just share with the other workers. I also made sure I put some Christian tracts back in my purse.


The point? Are we to busy to share what the Lord has done for us with others, if we do nothing else. I'm praying and going to try and work harder at sharing Jesus with this lost and dying world we live in. You know the words I gave for an answer was being more disciplined. I meant more disciplined in Praying, Studying the bible and sharing Jesus everywhere I go. Do you know my Jesus? One big opportunity I get yearly is to share Jesus some at this big event called Bowl for Breath. I can continue to share what a great God we have and the one who has carried us through one of the hardest things of our lives when loosing Johnny.

Still PUSHING 4 the cure!

Johnny's Mom, Esther

2 comments:

MarlaSt said...

As always, you touch my heart Aunt Esther. I love you, Marla

Anonymous said...

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Love Sara