Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thinking of you today, another year without you almost gone.

I was just reading Trisha's Facebook and like her I have been thinking of you Johnny all day today. As the day draws close again to the anniversary of your home going, I get a little blue, missing you and longing for the day when we will see you again. I'm trying to stay busy, while we are on the project here in Star City, Arkansas. You would have loved working at these different churches and meeting all these wonderful people.
I'm trying to remember only the good times, but the bad times won't seem to go away. Maybe it's because so many have died recently of this horrible disease and the CF familys stories have been on-line a lot. And then we are praying for Benny, who reminds me so much of you. The two "Cysters" have been singing on Americas Got Talent and you would have loved that show. You didn't let CF keep you from singing, just like them. Anyway, I will be glad when the 21st has come and gone. Why is it always hardest leading up to that date? I try to stay cheerful, but the clouds start coming over. Miss you Johnny and I pray the Lord will come back soon. Miss your smiling face, I see it in Ally and Megan, Malia and Jena. Each one of the girls carries some of your traits.
Ally, your love for drawing, but I think she may just be a little better than you and her love for dogs. She treats Dusty like you treated Buddy. She also likes to dress up like Santa every year at Christmas.
Megan, your sweet and gentle spirit and willingness to help others and her love for babies.
Malia, her love for animals and love for Candy!
Jena, your sweet smile and loving to clown around and always dressing up. I wish you could have known them all. Just the way you loved Ally proved they would have been even more spoiled. Trisha and Jim have always been real good to tell them about their Uncle Johnny. Well, I'm feeling a little better and have to get off here. See you soon Johnny, love Mom and Dad.

No comments: