Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy 32nd Birthday in Heaven Johnny!




You know, every year since loosing you Johnny, I go down the Birthday card isle and look at cards to put on your grave. Most cards aren't appropriate because you are no longer here, but it gives us comfort to read and write our thoughts down. Most years I buy a card, but don't even leave it at the grave. This year is no exception.
I hope everyone reads this and realizes , time is short. Love your children, hold them close. Don't take them for granted and treat them how you want to be treated. But most of all, be the Christian example before them and teach them how to love God. So one day they will be saved and live eternally. Do you want your children, your grandchildren to know God? Here is the card I bought this year.




Dear Son,


If only, I had known then how fast the time would go, how days would turn to months, then years- how quickly you would grow...If I knew then what I know now, I'd leave some to-do's undone. I'd worry less, let go of stress, and focus on fun. I'd let the dinner dishes sit, turn off the nightly news, I wouldn't sweat the little things like muddy floors or shoes... But even though I'd change some things, I know this much is true. No one's ever loved their son as much as we love you. Have a wonderful Birthday in Heaven. WE WILL seen you soon!


Love Mom and Dad


Trisha, Jim, Ally, Megan, Malia and Jena send their love too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know what else to say... just I love you all very very much!!

Anonymous said...

I sit here tonight and wonder what might have been. What would Johnny be doing now - if he was still with us? Where would he live? Where would the roads of this life have taken him?

Would he still like Pepsi? Probably. Would he still show up at the front door 'cause he genuinely liked hanging out with you? Of course - well maybe not as frequently as he did when we lived just around the corner – it’s a little further to 'sconsin than around the clock! Would he still make me laugh - just at the right time? Certainly.

But we don’t live in a world of "what could have been." Instead we live in a world where God remains in control and decided in his infinite wisdom, that by allowing Johnny to get to heaven before the rest of us - that the part of Johnny's life that was spent with us, has had more of an impact on our planet than the lives of most of us who have already passed the half-century mark.

I am sad because of our loss - but I am much more jealous - that Johnny has already met his Savior and welcomed home more and more of those who we love and have had to let go.

Heaven's sounding sweeter - all the time - seems like lately, it's always on my mind. And not a small part of why I think about heaven so much is because it holds a very special nephew whom I miss dearly. See you soon Johnny!

Uncle Scott

John and Esther said...

Thanks for the comments. Uncle Scott, we still think you should write book. In your spare time, Lol.