Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy 31st Birthday in Heaven Johnny!


Today would have been Johnny's 31st birthday. Its so weird to think that it has been 10 years now since we celebrated a birthday with him. It seems like just yesterday he was here. Lucky for him he will never grow old. LOL. The rest of us keep getting older and older. I miss you so much my Bro. I would have called you today and probably sang out of tune happy birthday to you just like we did on each others birthdays every year. I miss that. I know you are having a great day today in heaven. We love you sooo much and cant wait to be with you again someday soon.

Love Trisha, Jim, Mom, Dad, Ally, Megan, Malia and Jena


This is our group picture from the Bowl for Breath this last Sat. We had a really great turn out for our first year running it and raised a little over $12,000 for CF. Thank you to everyone who had a part in making this day a great success. Next year will be even better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read, "Happy 31st Birthday in Heaven Johnny" with incredulity, I just cannot believe John would be 31 today. While time has passed, our memories remain vivid of a God-fearing, passionate, and loving man. Though John is in a land “where he’ll never grow old,” time has caused our memories of him to mature and become dearer than any earthly possession. I know that one day soon we will all be in the presence of Christ and will no longer miss those have gone on before. While we look forward to seeing a son, brother, cousin, nephew, grandson, or a friend; it’s important to remember his example. Press towards the mark, “hold on to Jesus for life”, and honor our Lord and Savior.

I miss you every day my dear cousin and, with all that I am, ache to see you again. I heed the words you last spoke to me, “Remember to push Brian,” and strive to be the tool through which God works. Happy Birthday John!!!

-B-

PS: I was telling Trish the other day that I am sure I wouldn’t let John forget that he’s getting old; soon I will let him know.

Judy said...

It is so hard to believe that he would have been 31 today.
Wow I am getting OLD!!!!! (smile)

We shall never forget Johnny and his Sweet and Gentle Spirit. Even though Aaron was only 6 when he died he does remember Johnny and says he remembers that Johnny was always nice to him and didn't treat him like the other people at church did. I thank Johnny so much for that and for understanding my "Special Child From God".

Someday we shall see Johnny again. Right now he is up there in heaven with my Daddy and I am sure my Dad is telling him a joke to make him laugh for sure. Daddy only beat him to Heaven by a couple of weeks so Dad was near the gate when Johnny arrived I am sure that day.

Johnny may be GONE but he shall never be forgotten!

But he is out of pain and in peace and that is a Blessed Thought for sure...

John and Esther said...

I love you and miss you Johnny, Love Mom and Dad.

Patricia's blog said...

Johnny,
you are missed dearly by so many people, you had such an in pack on so many people and even as you are in heaven your life lives on throw those you touched, for that I am thankful.
Happy 31st birthday Johnny

MarlaSt said...

I can't wait to see you again Johnny! Happy birthday and I love you,
Marla
(hey, give Gram a big hug for me will ya?)

Anonymous said...

I sit here in awe that so many years has passed.
Please, let me know when you guys do another function like this so that I can be a part of it ...
I came to find out, when I was pregnant with my son, that I'm a carrier of Cystic Fibrosis, and it hit home even harder knowing the world had lost our dear friend Johnny to the disease.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time, and continue to be.
xoxo
Kim Lovett (Jennings)