Sunday, July 20, 2008

Celebrating Johnny's life Nov 12,1977-July 21,1999

You know I was kinda sad that I don't have any new pictures of Johnny to share, and then I remember he is in a land "Where we'll never grow old". Johnny will be young and how old will we be?
He is with his Grandma(Nana) he loved so much, his grandfather's he never knew on earth (Marv Sr and A.D.) He is singing and probably playing his drums in heaven. Are there drums? Can't you just see him? He's rejoicing in a place where he's singing "I'm going to live forever". We here on earth are just sad because we miss him so much. Don't you want to know what will he look like "When we all get to Heaven". Will he be as young as when he left here nine years ago and will we be old!!!!!! Ha!Ha!
We have gotten older and someone is going to be 40 this year. I don't know who(Chris) (Sorry Chris, but had to laugh at your expense so I would stop crying). Just wait the ribbing has only begun Chris. Someone else real special will be 60, I just really love old people(Clark).You know I love you or I wouldn't tease you!
But do you ever wonder about these things? I just know Johnny is happy, sitting

"At the Feet of Jesus". Getting all the answers to the questions he has. Is he fatter? He's healthier, but was so skinny and sick here. Trisha says he's sitting with Grandma, having some cinnamon bread, Pepsi and having a burping contest, like when we went to Lake Isabella to see them.

When we were planning Johnny's funeral, Greg shared this story with us. Johnny and Greg discussed that when they died they wanted this song played at their funeral. Johnny said, Greg I will probably die before you so make sure they play this. This song was played at the gravesite.


GO REST HIGH ON THAT MOUNTAIN (Vince Gill)

I know your life
On earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
You weren't afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain.
Chorus:
Go rest high on that mountain
Son, your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and Son.

Oh, how we cried the day you left us
We gathered 'round your grave to grieve
I wish I could see the angels' faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing.
Go rest high on that mountain
Son your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and Son.

Go rest high on that mountain
Cause, son your work on earth is done
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and Son.
Go to heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and Son...

Can't you hear Johnny shoutin'? He would say to you, don't grieve for me, just "Prepare to meet thy God". Don't you want to go? Are you ready to go? If the Lord came back today would you be prepared? Would he find you faithful?

We love you all, you have always been here for us.
Please "Share A Blessing "with us

John, Esther, Trisha, Jim, Alexis, Megan, Malia and Jena

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay... I can take the ribbing! I claim every one of those 40 years proudly! Bring it on! Johnny would be teasing me like crazy, I know it! :)

It is amazing to me that it has been 9 years since Johnny went home to be with the Lord. In one way it seems like yesterday that I was working with Johnny everyday and laughing with him. But in another way, it seems like forever since we were gathered in his hospital room singing Gospel Way songs to him.

I can't wait to see Johnny in Heaven someday along with Grandma, Grandpa and so many others... what a blessing to know they are there with each other waiting for all of us!

I love you Aunt Esther, Uncle John, Trisha, Jim, Ally, Megan, Malia and Jena... so much!

John and Esther said...

Brian wasn't able to post on the blog, so he asked me to put it on.
We called Brian today, it was so good to hear your voice B!
An Everlasting Impression- The Path to a Higher Calling

John has always had an everlasting impression on my life. He lived a life consistent with his loving character, one that I wish to attain. He has been a source of motivation not only in my spiritual life, but my professional life as well. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t want to become a doctor. However, when we lost John, the seat of my motivation, that was originally superficial, became a resolute aspiration.

Becoming an Emergency Medical Technician was at the top of John’s “to do” list. Having the characteristics of a passionate healthcare provider, John was a shoe-in for the job. He had a higher calling and was impervious to the hindrances that may have come his way.

John’s steadfast attitude in his spiritual, as well as, professional life has impressed upon me the importance of living life to the fullest. He felt that, “the most important impact you can have on this earth is to positively affect someone else.” I have made this my endeavor in life and seek to attain this goal every day.

It would be a lie to say that I don’t miss John everyday, but I rejoice, knowing that he has gone home to be with his Lord and Savior. John has continually made an impression on me, even after his departure from this earth. It is John’s everlasting impression that fuels my desire to attain my higher calling. Not only to become a doctor, but to positively affect someone else’s life, the way John has mine.

I love you John and am thankful that you were a part of my life. I look forward to the day when I can see your face. I never got to tell you how much of an impression you made on me. I pray that day comes soon.

-B-

MarlaSt said...

So, so many precious memories, I wouldn't even know where to start. Johnny's whole life was a gift given to us by God. He allowed each of us to be touched by Johnny and loved by Johnny, and in return, love him. I am honored to have had a cousin like him. In his 19 years, he taught each of us great life lessons. His memory will never be forgotten, and his legacy lives on.
I love you Uncle John, Aunt Esther, Trisha, Jim, Ally, Megan, Malia and Jena. And Johnny, I can't wait til that day when we are all reunited.

MarlaSt said...

I was posting at work and just wasn't thinking. I know Johnny was 21 when he went home to be with the Lord. I apologize to my family. Wow.....Thanks Chris for pointing out my mistake. He was 21on the 21st of July. I guess I just didn't want to admit how old I really am :-). I love you guys

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say I love you all. I cannot believe it has already been 9 years. I miss him so much, but I feel happy knowing that he is in a much better place and never has to suffer again.

Unknown said...

Johnny. What do I say? He was just one of the sweetest kids I've ever known, and I don't say that lightly. His heart was bigger than most will ever experience, much less have. In the few years I knew him I never once heard him say a mean, hateful, heartless word. All he ever shared was LOVE and that is what remains with me.
I love him and I know he has left his mark on everyone that he has ever met.
Recently I was going through some family albums around here to put together a scrap-book for Kyle's graduation. It was neat to sit with Mike and have him share stories of past times shared with loved ones. Johnny was a big part of that with pictures of a House-boat trip; Johnny hanging out with Billy, Kevin, and Kyle. Always with a great big SMILE! That's how I picture Johnny today. Smiling, Laughing, and Full Of LOVE!
God bless you all and may He fill your hearts with joy unmeasurable at the thought of this young man's beautiful life; Then and NOW!
:0)